* * * * *
Because of the Coronavirus restrictions,
the Fair at the Airport has been postponed until May 1 and 2.
A VIRTUAL FAIR was scheduled for August 15.
but . . .
For those of you who tried to connect to the Virtual Fair on Saturday August 15,
there were Technical Difficulties.
but . . .
The good news is that we've rescheduled:
The 2020 Virtual Aviation & Technology Smoketown Fair
Saturday, August 22, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
We truly apologize for the inconvenience.
We hope you're still able to join us next weekend!
The program will include:
* Brief history, purpose, and results of the Mission Aviation Fair
* Seven missions giving 5-minute presentations about their work
* A 10-minute Kids Program
* A Mission challenge by Grace Townsend Goreth
(daughter of Wycliffe founder, Cameron Townsend)
* Video interview of an EMU student headed for missionary aviation
* Videos of previous events to promote the live Fair in May
(You do not have to have a Facebook account to view it on Facebook.)
* * * * *
We thank IAMA
(The International Association of Missionary Aviation)
for their leadership of the 2018 Mission Aviation Fair
along with the continued involvement from the local Advisory Board.
See the IAMA website: http://iamanet.org/
Some photos from the 2018 SMOKETOWN MISSION AVIATION FAIR
Mission Aviation Promotions was created to enable the continuance of the Smoketown Aviation Fair. (It took the place of Missions Fest Lancaster for that purpose.)
We have been happy to host the Mission Aviation Fair the third weekend of August each year at the Smoketown Airport. This fair showcases the vital technical aspects of missions that make it possible for ministry in the remote areas of the world. Some of the most inaccessible areas depend greatly on aviation support. It takes a team of well-qualified pilots, mechanics, communications and IT staff, medical teams and other infrastructure support to reach and minister to people in those areas. Those who do this vital work are often unnoticed and unappreciated. We aim to promote awareness of unique opportunities to encourage and participate with those special servants of the Lord who minister with their technical abilities.
People find that just coming to the Airport and seeing lots of aircraft is exciting, not to mention that it’s all connected with serving the Lord in missions!
Goals and purposes of Mission Aviation Promotions:
- Demonstrate how Aviation and Technology speed up mission efforts in fulfilling Matthew 28:19
- Encourage people to get involved: pray, give or go
- Give children a positive, fun exposure to Christian faith and missions
- Provide mission aviation agencies exposure to the greater Lancaster community
- Give mission agencies opportunities to recruit interested people
- Encourage local churches to network for the promotion of missions and give them a practical exciting event to aid their missions program
See more details about the Fair in the Aviation Fair Info section.
Visit our Facebook Page. -- click here
Curious about past events? View these reports:
Download the 2016 Newsletter -- click here
Download the 2016 Fair Photo Report, click here.
Download the 2015 Fair Photo Report, click here.
Download the June 2015 Newsletter, click here.
Download the 2014 Fair Photo Report. click here.
Download the Summer 2014 Newsletter. click here.