Can you hear the aircraft engines? Can you see the planes and helicopter taking off and landing? Can you see the hangars cleared of normal working equipment and holding mission exhibits and food concessions . . . the colorful tents erected for various activities . . . the people coming to learn about, and celebrate what God is doing around the world???
We are so sad to have to postpone the 2020 Mission Aviation Fair.
Save the dates for May 1 and May 2
for the postponed
2021 Smoketown Mission Aviation and Technical Fair
In the meantime
Plan to join the VIRTUAL EVENT
August 15, 2020 at 9:00 am – 10:30 am
There will be:
Reports from seven different missions
Children’s Program with John Strawser
Mission challenge by Grace Townsend Goreth
Video interview of an aviation program student
To join the event
on August 15
(You do not have to have a Facebook account to view it)
The 2018 Mission Aviation Fair was a fun time.
It was a great blessing to see all the missions involved in aviation as they "KEEP THEM FLYING . . . AND SERVING" around the world,
and to realize that technical talents are of great value in missions.
ATTENDING ORGANIZATIONS – 2018 FAIR
- Mission Aviation Repair Center (MARC) – Serving in Alaska
- School of Missionary Aviation Technology (SMAT) – A training school for missionary aviators
- FAA (FAAST) – team promotes aviation safety in the USA
- Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) – Provides aviation transportation in many parts of the world
- JAARS Inc – Serves Bible translation in many parts of the world with technical services
- Helimission – Focuses on transportation in remote parts of the world with helicopters
- Moody Aviation – A training school for missionary aviators
- Friends In Action – Uses construction projects in many parts of the world to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Mission Safety International (MSI) – Making safety a way of life in missionary aviation
- Ethnos 360 Aviation – Using aviation to support Ethnos 360 missionaries reach the unreached
- Wycliffe NE – Wycliffe Bible translators focuses on giving people God’s Word in their own language
- Missionary Maintenance Service (MMS) – Trains aviation mechanics and serves many other organizations with their aircraft maintenance expertise
- Missionary Flights International (MFI) – Support missions in the Caribbean flying out of Florida with teams and supplies as requested.
- Lightshine Ministries –
- Eastern Mennonite University/Aerotech – Aero-Tech Services & Eastern Mennonite University are partnering on an aviation degree
- Liberty University School of Aviation – Training aviators for Christ to shine in our world
- Mission Air Group (MAG) – Training missionary pilots
- I-TEC - Develops tools and sustainable missions training systems, training and equipping indigenous Christ-followers to meet needs and share the Gospel.
Some photos from the 2018 Fair